Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring is coming...

I am so ready for Spring to be here I can hardly stand it. Besides the weather factor, it means I can finally get my first garden started. I've always wanted to do a garden and I've never had the space (NYC apartments are too conducive). Dad has agreed to let me use a small spot of land on his property since Stepford won't allow any kind of garden that isn't semi-landscaping. After all, I'm Vice President of the Social Committe... can't go pissing the community people off.

So this past weekend I started my tomato seedlings with the help of my expert resource Pat, my mother in law. Besides having majored in horticulture, she has been a gardening fool her entire life. She gave me the confidence that I can really do this. We'll see if I live up to her expectation. I've decided to start the tomato plants in a little greenhouse type of tray inside the house. I have 36 plants here. I am actually hoping not all of them survive because holy cow that's a lot of tomatoes Batman.

No comments: