Monday, July 28, 2008
Friday, July 25, 2008
Randy Pausch, the Carnegie Mellon professor inspired many, including me, with his final speech on how to live out your childhood dreams. I would encourage everyone to go to his website and see it if you haven't. It truely is inspiring and its a very sad thing to see him pass on.
Monday, July 21, 2008
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
The weekend was extra special because its the first time in a long time that all my siblings and their significant others have been able to get together. Justin and Sara came down from Chicago. Bret & Josh came back from college and of course, Dan and I live here now.
Here's a great pic of whole group on Julie & Doug's dock. We quickly went through over 8 gallons of margaritas as well as too many beers to even count. I was shocked at how much we can drink! Well, not really shocked... but surprised definitely.
From the left: Me, Dan, Bix (not really a brother but a partier with us nonetheless), Sara, Julie, Doug, Josh, Bret & Justin.
Bret's girlfriend, Catie, is missing from the picture because she couldn't hang. She had to rest. It was her first time meeting the whole family so I guess it's excused.
Hope your 4th was just as much fun as ours!
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
- Cup O'Noodles - this is a staff favorite because its in the vending machine
- Pizza Rolls - lovely little pizza bites that will cost you about 500 calories per bite
- Chinese Food - The delivery guy knows this place so well he's taken to bringing the security guard free eggrolls everyday.
- Pop Tarts
- Bowl of Strawberries - yep, that's it. Just a bowl of strawberries for lunch.
- Ramen Noodles with cut up hotdogs (saw this one today... the fact that I was intrigued and thought it looked good is probably not a good sign.)
- La Michaela Frozen Meals - Also in the vending machine
Don't get me wrong, I get the convenience factor but how can you just eat 2 pop tarts for lunch and not be starving 5 minutes later? I eat my SBD meal, pudding, beef jerky, and whatever else I can get my hands on and I'm still about to chew my arm off by the time I get home and eat dinner.