Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Midwestern Lunch Fare

One of the things that continually shocks me about the midwest is the variety of "acceptable" lunch fare here. Each day as I stroll into the lunch room to prepare my frozen South Beach Diet meal in the microwave, I am surprised at the things people will eat for lunch. Here is a list of some of my favorites:
  • Cup O'Noodles - this is a staff favorite because its in the vending machine
  • Pizza Rolls - lovely little pizza bites that will cost you about 500 calories per bite
  • Chinese Food - The delivery guy knows this place so well he's taken to bringing the security guard free eggrolls everyday.
  • Pop Tarts
  • Bowl of Strawberries - yep, that's it. Just a bowl of strawberries for lunch.
  • Ramen Noodles with cut up hotdogs (saw this one today... the fact that I was intrigued and thought it looked good is probably not a good sign.)
  • La Michaela Frozen Meals - Also in the vending machine

Don't get me wrong, I get the convenience factor but how can you just eat 2 pop tarts for lunch and not be starving 5 minutes later? I eat my SBD meal, pudding, beef jerky, and whatever else I can get my hands on and I'm still about to chew my arm off by the time I get home and eat dinner.

No comments: