Thursday, October 28, 2010

Why I Tweet...

Image Credit

Alright friends & family. I know many of you think that I'm nuts because I'm on twitter and foursquare. I have an active Facebook account and I even put videos of my darling daughter on You Tube. It's silly you say. You don't want to know when I'm using the facilities. You don't care if I'm having turkey for lunch.

I get it.

What you don't get is that the social world via the internet is a frontier that will revolutionize the way people interact. I want to know how my daughter talks to her friends. I want to know how the "bad guys" find their targets. I want to be very informed. So I tweet… and now you know. :) And I continue to tweet because I enjoy meeting people I would never have met before. So if you want to learn how to do it, just ask me. It's actually really easy and not nearly as crazy as you think.



Oh and also because it's fun.

1 comment:

Lyn H said...

Not crazy at all. There was a time (especially in the South) when it was about who you knew or who "your daddy knew", who your family was, who you do business with. Now it is hard to get to know people. It is hard to trust. The good ole boy network is gone. Which is a good thing. And a new way of networking has exploded through social media. The psychology is still the same. People want to know you professionally with a sprinkle of personal to build trust, to network and to meet people. Make friends, create colleagues and network! Hope you are enjoying BLISSDOM this week!