Wednesday, June 2, 2010

8 Years Ago The World Ended As You Know It. Happy Anniversary!

8 Years ago on June 1st, 2002, the music played "It's the end of the world as we know it" as Dan and I entered the John Knox Pavillion for our wedding reception. At the time I thought the song was a little edgey/dark for the occasion but it really was true. After we married, everything changed. We're so much closer now and our love has grown so much more than I could've ever imagined. I know that sounds ooey-gooey but it's true. We know more about each other and can anticipate each other's movements.

Since we were busy this past weekend attending the marriage of Kelly & Kevin McCormick (yay), we chose to go to lunch instead at our regular anniversary spot, Capital Grille. LOVE that place. They always go out of their way to make you feel special.

Attending a wedding is the perfect way to remember your own wedding. I watched Kevin & Kelly take their vows to promise to honor each other for the rest of their lives and remembered doing it myself. I had NO idea what I was in store for when I married Dan but I can honestly say everything we've gone through has made our relationship stronger. I wouldn't trade any of the moments for anything.


We toasted a glass of champagne to our 8 year marriage and promised to enjoy that moment every year for the next 80 years together. I told him I could only be married to him for 90 years, after that I think I'll have to go sow my oats.

1 comment:

Amy Craighead said...

I feel so incredibly blessed to have not only been there on that memorable night when "the world ended" but to have been a small part of your journey together. I love you so much and thank you for sharing your lives with us. It's been awesome to watch you and Dan not only grow together as a couple but as parents! Laina is a true gift and I can not wait to watch her grow (well I can...don't want it to go too fast!)and discover the world with you guys by her side. I love you guys and congratulations on the 8 years!...we're right there with you, WOW!