Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Bye Bye Feet

I am beginning to realize that my feet are slowing disappearing on the horizon of my belly. I have gotten quite a few comments that I've really "popped out there" which I think now explains that I've gained 6 pounds in the last month. Or, it could be the nightly bowls of ice cream that I enjoy with Dan. For those of you who may be shaking your head in disapproval... other than the ice cream I have not been "eating for two" because I'm not particularly hungry more than usual. So maybe ice cream is my vice?

So good-bye feet. I will see you on the other side.


A few weeks ago Dan and I went to New York and stayed the weekend in Queens with our friends. It was awesome to see the old neighborhood and get a chance to walk the same sidewalks we used to take every day. It was almost like we'd never left yet in some ways I've already grown accustomed to the Midwestern ways. It's difficult to explain but imagine coming home and feeling like something is different but you're not sure what.
We went to "eat the meat" with our friend Steve. He is originally from Uzbekistan and always acted like a surrogate father figure in many ways. Liz came too with her step-son Timmy and his new live-in girlfriend. We enjoyed all the wonderful things that Cheburechnaya had to offer. :) Lamb Kebabs are my favorite. This is a picture of us at the restaurant. Love you Stevie!
Other than that we've been really focused on buying a house. It turns out that its not nearly as straightforward and easy as you'd probably think. We literally just need to find a house and agree on a price... haha... not so fast... I guess we're being picky. I'll let you know what comes of the housing situation as it develops.
That's it for now. The baby is kicking like crazy and letting me know that the day is getting closer every day when our lives will change forever. I can't wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sam, do you have a realtor? I have a friend that could help you on your search for the perfect home. His website is www.talktomarty.com his name is Marty Perrea, 816-550-2909.
Good luck on your house hunt :)
BTW I love your belly pic showing your feet dissapearing!